Friday 8 November 2013

A portrait in female solipsism

Shed a tear for this poor young girl, who is being maliciously denied the fame and fortune that are quite obviously hers by an indifferent world.

I am writing because I vary from wanting to kill myself and just giving up my career. Nobody in my family does what I do, so I don’t have contacts through nepotism. I’ve won national art awards since the age of 11 and now, at 17 years old, I have been awarded a prestigious photography prize.

I’m too young to apply for grants and seemingly too old for the mainstream media to give me any encouragement as a young talent. Ever since I was a young teenager and had my work exhibited with the United Nations, I’ve been contacting newspapers and TV networks to no avail.

Why does the world prize celebrity bimbos, not talented girls like me?

I don’t know why I try when they would rather give attention to a teenage pregnancy. I’m sick of seeing inane celebrity gossip getting more coverage than anything I will ever do.

With every award I win and every exhibition I’m in, I get closer to the edge of madness by being deprived of what I want, which is to be known.

Why is a 140-character tweet from a bimbo reality star worthy of more attention than my entire career?
If her state of depression doesn't put a smile on a man's face, well, I don't know what will. But she's actually quite fortunate to be learning a very important lesson now rather than when she's post-Wall, pushing 40, and it is too late for her to change directions.

Men don't give a damn about female talent. And most women don't either. The world doesn't care what your credentials are, doesn't care if you've won a few participation prizes, and it certainly doesn't care that you happen to be younger than the average person who is doing what you have done.

Smart young girls are particularly prone to falling into the Achievements trap. They get such a buzz from being patted on the head and being told that they're special that it never occurs to them that they are big fish in very, very small ponds. It is a rude shock to discover that 99 percent of the world doesn't care who they are or what they have done, and in fact have considerably more interest in girls with beautiful faces, nice breasts, or extraordinarily well-shaped posteriors.

It's actually quite cruel to so mislead young women, but then, it's not as if the feminist propaganda factories are telling the truth to young men either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites