Tuesday 26 August 2014

He said, she didn't say

It's always fascinating to see how feminists oppose the entire structure of the Western legal system, namely, evidence and eyewitnesses:

Rape conviction statistics will not improve “until women stop getting drunk”, a retiring judge has said, as she is criticised by women's rights campaigners for her "potentially very harmful" remarks.

Judge Mary Jane Mowat, 66, who worked at Oxford Crown Court until earlier this month, said it was difficult to secure convictions when women could not be sure what had happened because they had drunk too much.

She said juries were faced with an impossible task when a case came down to one person's word against another.

The retired judge told an Oxford newspaper: "I will be pilloried for saying so, but the rape conviction statistics will not improve until women stop getting so drunk. It is inevitable that it is one person's word against another, and the burden of proof is that you have to be sure before you convict."
Perhaps women would be slower to put themselves in positions where they can be raped with impunity if they understood that they will not be taken at their word simply because they cry rape. It's ridiculous. Can you imagine any other purported crime being investigated, much less prosecuted, on similarly vague grounds?

"Hello, police? I'd like to report my car stolen."

"All right, when was it stolen?"

"Um, I don't actually know."

"You don't know when?"

"No, I mean, I don't actually know it was stolen."

 "Oh. All right. Where did you last see it."

"At the mall. In the parking lot."

"I see. And where are you now, Miss?"

"I'm still at the mall. But I can't find it, so I thought maybe it was stolen and I called you."

"Yes, that is possible. Is it also possible you simply forgot where you parked?"

"Um, yeah, maybe. I'll keep looking for it then."

"Yes, that might be a good idea, Miss."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites